Artwork for Jesse Eve Watkins
Luminosity of Being
The Biggest Shift
Nothing at all Our Own
Myth and Magic
My art, in general, is focused on growing; evolving through the human experience, unable to stay permanently as anything. Imagery that has repeatedly returned to me while making this work are vessels, the moon cycle, the sun, gold. Often minimal, I am interested in the balance between space and warmth.
Being an artist is an ongoing, individual path of remembering a true sense of self. It is about heart, openness, connection and vulnerability.
I work as an illustrator and printmaker. I am a post-meditation mark-maker, and my spiritual practice is at the heart of all I create.
Having trained as a sign-painter, I now work as an illustrator for clients, including book-cover design, hand-painted maps, and other illustrated imagery.
In my own studio time I create screen-prints, poetry, make music and organise meditation retreats.
- 2022 | Co-ordinator | 'Black Mountain Meditation Retreat' Olchon Valley, Wales, UK
- 2022 | Meditation Instructor Training, London, UK
- 2016-2018 | Illustrator | The Hedge Magazine Herefordshire, UK
- 2015-Present | Jesse Illustration | Illustrator and branding/marketing director.
- 2013-2016 | Sign-painting apprenticeship. This work has taken me to America, The Caribbean, Germany, France and the UK.
- 2005-2009 | BA Fashion Design & Business Studies, University of Brighton
- 2004-2005 | Fine Art Foundation, Hereford College of Arts
2023 | 'Spirit of Fire', Kingsland Church.
2022 | 'Christmas Exhibition', The Mid Wales Art Centre.
2019-2023 | Presteigne Open Studios.
Illustrated cards and maps sold at:
The Workhouse, Presteigne.
Hawthorn Gallery, Hay-on-Wye.
Wye Valley Makers, Hereford.