Artwork for Jess Bugler
Enclosure sculpture c
Enclosure sculpture a
Enclosure Sculpture b
I explore themes of dissonance and complexity through interweaving traditional relief processes such as linocut and woodcut with modern technology from laser cut, to sublimation and Risograph printing, During lockdown, with limited resources I have produced a series of intimate intaglio prints of found paper boxes called Enclosures. The boxes mix found and created marks and echo a physical reality. Meditating on our varying experience of containment and enclosure, and presenting an opportunity for contemplation and consideration through paper products we discard.
It is necessary and fulfilling.
I am an fine artist and printmaker.
I teach printmaking at Hereford College of Arts and run one of the two print rooms there. I am also a Creative Practitioner for Meadow Arts and teach workshops in a variety of print techniques from linocut to risograph across the UK.
• Winner of the Intaglio Printmakers Prize, National Original Print Exhibition, London, 2018.
• Winner of Peter Reddick Relief Printing Award, Spike Island Studio, Bristol, 2017.
• Winner of the Hawthorn prize at the Flourish Award, West Yorkshire Print Studio, 2017.
• Prize winner in Galeri Open, Caernarfon, Wales, 2017.
• Winner of the Printmaking Today prize at the National Original Print exhibition 2014
• Winner of the Regional Print Centre award at the National Original Print exhibition 2014.
• Speaker on Extended Print Practice at The Print Symposium 2020, Ty Pawb, Wrexham.
• Peter Reddick Bursary Award, Spike Print Studio, Bristol. 2017-2018
• Stwidio Maelor - Machynlleth, Wales, 2017.
PUBLICATIONS / REVIEWS
• Feature in Printmaking Today, 2021.
• Wales Arts Review - James H.F. Lloyd 2019. www.walesartsreview.org/exhibition-brink-at-oriel-mon
• Feature in THE PRINTMAKERS COUNCIL at 50 book. 2016
• Interview in PRINTMAKING TODAY, 2015.
• Article on lino print technique in PRINTMAKING TODAY, 2015.
BA Fine Art - Bangor University 2017.
Unprecedented - OVADA, Oxford.
South West Academy - Reflections 2020
International mini print Biennial - Seacourt Print Studio, Bangor, Northern Ireland.
Printmakers Council Online "Colour" Exhibition
Society of Women Artists 159th Online Open Exhibition
Ty Pawb Open, Wrexham, Wales
Print International 2019, Ty Pawb, Wrexham.
Woolwich Contemporary Print Fair, London.
AR DROTHWY / BRINK, Oriel Mon, Yns Mon.
• Woolwich Contemporary Print Fair, London.
SHARP LINES, solo exhibition, Spike Print Studio, Bristol.
National Original Print Exhibition, London.
Open Studios exhibition, Spike Print Studio, Bristol.
MEMORY STATES, solo exhibition, The Courtyard, Hereford.